Twilight of a World – The Signs of the Times and the Approaches of the Hour According to Islam – Mostafa al-Badawi
The Signs of the Times and the Approaches of the Hour According to Islam
1. The Prophet’s Knowledge
2. Five Things That God Only Knows?
3. The Inevitability of Deterioration and the Gradual Weakening of Religion
4. Causes of Deterioration
5. Disturbance of the Balance of Blessings
6. Disturbance of the Order of Priorities
7. Manifestations and Consequences of Corruption
8. From Order to Disorder
9. The Peril of the Renegades
10. Important Events Preceding the Major Signs
11. The First of the Major Signs: Dajjal
12. The Second Coming of Jesus
13. Gog and Magog
14. The Beast
15. The Wind, the Reappearance of Idol Worshipping, and the Appearance of the Fire
16. Summary of the Major Signs
17. The Muslims’ Position
“As life on planet Earth becomes ever more terrifying, as the frequency and scale both of natural and man made disasters, of violence and pollution at every level, of moral and social disorder, and economic instability reach alarming levels, and as the media bring these live into every home, tension and anguish have gripped the human race in an unprecedented manner.
Muslims have been amply forewarned about these days, having received from the Blessed Prophet—may peace be upon him—detailed knowledge of what is now actually taking place, together with instructions on how to cope with these perils. There is a large corpus of Prophetic traditions concerning the Latter Days and the events that lead up to them.
For the Prophet—may God’s blessings and peace be upon him—informed us, his people, of everything we need to know in order to navigate the storms that he knew were sure to come our way.
Not only did he teach us our creed, Sacred Law, and how to enhance our spirituality, but also the signs by which we should be able to recognize which stage of the history of our community we have reached and what ought to be done about it.”
Dr. Mostafa al-Badawi is a consultant Psychiatrist and member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He studied under many shaykhs, foremost among whom is the late Habib Ahmad Mashhur al-Haddad. Dr. Badawi is also a leading contemporary translator of Islamic and Sufi books from Arabic to English, and his work includes Book of Assistance, The Lives of Man, Key to the Garden, and Degrees of the Soul.